- Latest Office Held:
- US House, IL
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, IL
Raymond H. "Ray" LaHood (born December 6, 1945) is a Republican politician from Illinois who is currently the United States Secretary of Transportation, having served since 2009. Previously, he represented the Illinois's 18th congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives for seven terms (1995–2009).
Campaign Finance$5,308,661 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $8,856,000 Upper Miss River - Illinois WW System, IL, IA, MN, MO 2009 $8,604,000 Upper Miss River-Illinois WW System, IL, IA, MO, MN & WIRequested by
- Leonard L. Boswell (D-IA),
- Christopher Bond (R-MO),
- Todd Akin (R-MO),
- David Loebsack (D-IA),
- Chuck Grassley (R-IA),
- Norm Coleman (R-MN),
- Tom Harkin (D-IA),
- Keith Ellison (D-MN),
- Timothy V. Johnson (R-IL),
- Betty McCollum (D-MN),
- John M. Shimkus (R-IL),
- Kenny Hulshof (R-MO),
- Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL),
- Phil Hare (D-IL),
- Russ Carnahan (D-MO),
- Bruce Braley (D-IA),
- William L. Clay, Jr. (D-MO),
- Jerry Weller (R-IL),
- Ray LaHood (R-IL),
- Timothy J. Walz (D-MN),
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN),
- and James L. Oberstar (D-MN)
2008 $6,800,000 DRS Sustainment Systems: Installation Force Protection -- Joint Transportable Decontamination System-Small Scale 2008 $6,000,000 Illinois Bus and Bus Facilities 2009 $5,000,000 STEM Education Research CenterRequested by 2009 $4,400,000 High Explosive Air Burst (HEAB) 25mm Ammunition 2009 $4,000,000 3D2 Advanced Battery Technology 2009 $4,000,000 Scorpion Low Cost Helmet Mounted Cueing and Information Display System 2008 $3,572,000 Regional Climate Centers, cooperative agreement with the National Climatic Data Center, Univ. of NE; Illinois State Water-Survey; Cornell University; S.C. Dept. of Natural Resources; Louisiana State University; Desert Research Institute 2008 $3,200,000 Tank and Medium Caliber Ammunition -- High Explosive Air Burst (HEAB) 25mm Ammunition