- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, PA
- Lobbying Activity
- See also: Lobbyist profile for Phil English
Philip Sheridan "Phil" English (born June 20, 1956) served as a Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from 1995 - 2009 from the U.S. state of Pennsylvania, representing the state's 3rd Congressional district.
Campaign Finance$8,915,740 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $6,106,000 Allegheny River, PARequested by 2008 $3,000,000 Metallurg Vanadium, Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center, Strategic Minerals Corporation, and Bear Metallurgical: Research and Development -- Vanadium Safely Readiness 2009 $2,157,000 Great Lakes Fishery and Ecosystem Restoration, MIRequested by
- George V. Voinovich (R-OH),
- Phil English (R-PA),
- John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI),
- Vernon J. Ehlers (R-MI),
- Brian M. Higgins (D-NY),
- Norm Coleman (R-MN),
- Gwen Moore (D-WI),
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones (D-OH),
- Carl Levin (D-MI),
- Tim Walberg (R-MI),
- John D. Dingell (D-MI),
- Dale E. Kildee (D-MI),
- Melissa Bean (D-IL),
- Sander Levin (D-MI),
- and Deborah Ann Stabenow (D-MI)
2009 $2,000,000 Electromagnetic In-Flight Propeller Balancing System 2009 $1,600,000 Next Generation Intelligent Portable Radionuclide Detection and Identification Systems 2009 $1,600,000 Vanadium Safety Readiness 2008 $1,600,000 INRange Systems Inc.: Medical Advanced Technology -- Telepharmacy Robotic Medicine Device Unit 2008 $1,600,000 Bliley Technologies Inc.: Support of Operational Testing -- EQUATE at Army Operational Test CommandRequested by 2008 $1,600,000 Department of Defense: Counterproliferation Initiatives--Proliferation Prevention and Defeat -- Low Power Next Generation Portable Radionuclide Detection & ID Systems 2009 $1,400,000 Telepharmacy Remote Medicine Device Unit (TRMDU)