Peter "Pete" Hoekstra (born October 30, 1953) is the former U.S. Representative for Michigan's 2nd congressional district, serving from 1993 until 2011. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$6,431,787 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $3,200,000 L-3 Communications: Heavy Fuel Engine Family for Unmanned Systems 2008 $2,500,000 L3 Combat Propulsion Systems: FCS Reconnaissance (UAV) -- FC3, FCS Reconnaissance (UAV) Platforms 2008 $1,723,000 Great Lakes Fisheries Resource Office, Fish Mass Marking Equipment 2008 $1,600,000 Hownet Castings: Advance Aerospace Titanium Structures Initiative -- Advance Aerospace Titanium Structures Initiative 2009 $1,427,250 Michigan Alternative and Renewable Energy Center Offshore Wind Demonstration Project (MI)Requested by 2009 $1,218,000 Grand Haven Harbor, MI 2008 $1,200,000 L3 Combat Propulsion Systems: Environmental Quality Technology -- National Defense Center for Environmental Excellence 2010 $1,000,000 Benzie Transportation Authority Bus & Bus Facilities, Honor, Ml 2009 $546,000 Holland Harbor, MI 2010 $500,000 M-231 Improvements Ottawa County, MlRequested by