- Latest Office Held:
- US House, OR
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, OR
Peter Anthony DeFazio (born May 27, 1947) is the U.S. Representative for Oregon's 4th congressional district, serving since 1987. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district includes Eugene, Springfield, Roseburg and part of Corvallis.
Campaign Finance$4,993,403 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Feb. 27, 2014
- Oregon Wine Dinner at 21st Century Townhouse
- Hosted by:
- Jocelyn Hong
Dec. 12, 2013
- Small Dinner at Cava Mezze Restaurant
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $5,700,000 Coos Bay 2010 $4,841,000 Wood Utilization, AK, ID, LA, ME, MI, MN, MS, NC, OR, TN, WVRequested by
- Roger Wicker (R-MS),
- Richard Burr (R-NC),
- David Wu (D-OR),
- Ron Wyden (D-OR),
- David Price (D-NC),
- Mike Michaud (D-ME),
- Peter DeFazio (D-OR),
- Brad Miller (D-NC),
- Kurt Schrader (D-OR),
- Mike Crapo (R-ID),
- G. K. Butterfield (D-NC),
- Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME),
- Thad Cochran (R-MS),
- Carl Levin (D-MI),
- Gregg Harper (R-MS),
- Robert C. Byrd (D-WV),
- Mary L. Landrieu (D-LA),
- James E. Risch (R-ID),
- Susan Collins (R-ME),
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN),
- Deborah Ann Stabenow (D-MI),
- James L. Oberstar (D-MN),
- and Michael Rogers (R-MI)
2009 $4,624,000 Coos Bay, OR 2009 $4,000,000 ONAMI Safer Nanomaterials and Nanomanufacturing 2009 $4,000,000 ONAMI Nanoelectronics and Nanometrology Initiative 2010 $3,840,000 Portland State University (Blumenauer, Oregon State University (Blumenauer, and University of Oregon (Blumenauer: ONAMI Nanoelectronics, Nanometrology and Nanobiotechnology Initiative 2010 $3,520,000 Portland State University (Blumenauer, Oregon State University (Blumenauer, and University of Oregon (Blumenauer: ONAMI Safer Nanomaterials and Nanomanufacturing 2009 $3,200,000 Low-Signature Modular Weapon Platform 2008 $3,200,000 Oregon Nanoscience & Microtechnologies Institute: Materials -- ONAMI Safer Nanomaterials and Nanomanufacturing 2009 $2,563,000 Lookout Point Lake, ORRequested by