- Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Fortney Hillman "Pete" Stark, Jr. (born November 11, 1931) is the U.S. Representative for California's 13th congressional district, serving since 1973. He is a member of the Democratic Party. Currently he is the 5th most senior Representative, as well as 6th most senior member of Congress overall. He is also the dean of California's 55-member Congressional delegation.
Campaign Finance$488,000 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $488,000 #514 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $371,119 #531 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $535,004 #92 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $2,800,000 South San Francisco Shoreline, CA 2010 $1,337,000 Alameda Creek Watershed Project, CA 2010 $1,215,000 Bay Area Regional Water Recycling Project 2010 $1,050,000 East Bay Regional Communications System Authority, Dublin, CA: East Bay Regional Communications System 2010 $1,000,000 Berkeley-Oakland-San Leandro Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Improvements Project in Alameda County, CA 2010 $1,000,000 U.S. Geological Survey, Western Ecological Research Center, Sacramento, CA: San Francisco Bay Salt Ponds restoration monitoring/research 2010 $575,000 Eden Housing, Hayward, CA: Digital Connectors At-Risk Youth Program Expansion 2010 $500,000 First 5 Alameda County, San Leandro, CA for its children's screening, assessment, referral, and treatment initiative 2010 $500,000 Union City Intermodal Station, Phases 1C and 2, CA 2010 $300,000 Park Street Pedestrian Safety Transportation Improvements, Alameda, CA