- Office Sought:
- US House, TX
GALLEGO, Pete, a Representative from Texas; born in Alpine, Brewster County, Tex., December 2, 1961; B.A., Sul Ross State University, Alpine, Tex., 1982; J.D., University of Texas, Austin, Tex., 1985; lawyer; assistant attorney general, Office of the Attorney General, State of Texas, 1986-1989; member of the Texas state house of representatives, 1991-2012; chairman, Texas state house of representatives democratic caucus, 1991-2001; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress (January 3, 2013-present).
Campaign Finance$1,776,232 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Pete Gallego Download all independent expenditures for or against Pete Gallego
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,776,232 #191 of 1582 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,767,938 #174 of 1582 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $34,892 #435 of 1582 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $1,601,282 Sierra ClubSupport $125,562 Sierra Club Independent ActionSupport $125,562 League of Conservation VotersSupport $75,913 Texas America 21St Century PACSupport $26,593 A Better America Now, Inc.Oppose $24,855 Environment America Action FundSupport $23,877 Communications Workers Of America Working VoicesSupport $9,252 Communications Workers of AmericaSupport $9,252 Voto Latino Action FundSupport $6,402
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block