- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
COOK, Paul, a Representative from California; born in Meriden, New Haven County, Conn., March 3, 1943; B.S., Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, Conn., 1966; M.P.A., California State University-San Bernardino, San Bernardino, Calif., 1996; M.A., University of California-Riverside, Riverside, Calif., 2000; United States Marine Corps, 1966-1992; professor; member, Yucca Valley, Calif. town council, 1998-2006; mayor of Yucca Valley, Calif.; member of the California state house of representatives, 2006-2012; elected as a Republican to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress (January 3, 2013-present).
Campaign Finance$586,515 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Paul Cook Download all independent expenditures for or against Paul Cook
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $586,515 #481 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $583,981 #480 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $26,033 #380 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Spirit Of Democracy AmericaSupport $824,643 Stand With AmericaSupport $73,391 Cooperative Of American Physicians Ie CommitteeSupport $15,500 Cooperative of American PhysiciansSupport $15,500 Jobs Opportunity And Freedom Political Action Committee - JofpacOppose $12,971 Citizens For Prosperity And Good GovernmentSupport $10,389
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals