- Latest Office Sought:
- State Upper Chamber, AZ
- Federal Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: Federal profile for Jonathan Paton
Jonathan Paton (born June 10, 1971) is a former Arizona Republican candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in Arizona's 8th District and an intelligence officer in the U.S. Army Reserve who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Paton was first elected to southern Arizona's Legislative District 30 as a member of the Arizona House of Representatives in 2004. He won reelection and began his second term in February 2007. In 2008, he was elected to the Arizona Senate, again representing Legislative District 30. On January 17, 2010, Paton announced he would be challenging Democratic U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords. He subsequently resigned from the state Senate to focus his efforts on campaigning for Congress. Paton lost in the 2010 Republican primary.
Campaign Finance$243,020 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals