Nita M. Lowey
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, NY
Nita Melnikoff Lowey (born July 5, 1937) is the U.S. Representative for New York's 18th congressional district, serving since 1993. She is a member of the Democratic Party. She previously represented the 20th district from 1989 to 1993.
Campaign Finance$15,781,659 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event July 24, 2014
- Breakfast at Bistro Bis
June 30, 2014
- Fundraiser at Harvard Club of New York City
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $8,000,000 U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: Office of Economic Adjustment -- Davids Island-Fort Slocum RemediationRequested by 2008 $3,200,000 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory: Medical Technology -- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Women's Cancer Genomics Center 2010 $3,000,000 Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC), NY, Office of State Cyber Security & Critical Infrastructure Coordination 2009 $2,800,000 Cold Springs Harbor Laboratory—Women's Cancer Genomics Center (Note-Department of Defense Military Health System Enhancement) 2010 $2,400,000 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (McCarthy): Women's Cancer Genomics Center 2009 $2,000,000 Infections Disease Research (AMNH) for Defense Research Sciences 2009 $1,670,000 Law enforcement agencies in Westchester and Rockland Counties: Law enforcement agencies in Westchester and Rockland Counties Equipment and Training 2008 $1,600,000 Holographic Optics: Aviation Survivability -- Smart Visor 2008 $1,600,000 HYPRES, Inc.: Satellite Communications (SPACE) -- Transformational Satellite Communications (TSAT) upgrade to Navy Milti-Band Terminal (NMT)Requested by 2010 $1,200,000 American Museum of Natural History: American Museum of Natural History Infectious Disease Research