- Latest Office Sought:
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Mitt Romney
Willard Mitt Romney (born March 12, 1947) is an American businessman, and a Republican who was the 70th Governor of Massachusetts from 2003 to 2007, was a candidate in the 2008 U.S. presidential election, and is a likely candidate in the 2012 presidential election.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$410,680,045 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Patrick Durkin, Barclays $927,160 Wayne L. Berman, Ogilvy Government Relations $424,825 T. Martin Fiorentino, Jr., Fiorentino Group $325,045 Austin Barbour, Clearwater Group L.L.C. $210,700 David Beightol, Dutko Worldwide $140,375 Robert T. Grand, Barnes & Thornburg $140,200 Bill Simmons, Dutko Group $134,684 Ed Ingle, Microsoft Corp $90,519 Ignacio E. Sanchez, DLA Piper $86,700 Paul Mattera, Liberty Mutual Insurance $74,950