- Office Held:
- US Senate, KY
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, KY
McCONNELL, Addison Mitchell (Mitch), a Senator from Kentucky; born in Tuscumbia, Colbert County, Ala., February 20, 1942; attended Louisville, Ky. public schools; graduated, University of Louisville 1964; graduated, University of Kentucky Law School, Lexington 1967; admitted to the Kentucky bar in 1967; legislative assistant to Senator Marlow Cook 1968-1970; Deputy Assistant United States Attorney for Legislative Affairs 1974-1975; Acting Assistant Attorney General 1975; elected judge-executive of Jefferson County, Ky., 1978-1985; elected as a Republican to the United States Senate in 1984; reelected in 1990, 1996, 2002, and again in 2008 for the term ending January 3, 2015; Republican party whip (2003-2007); minority leader (2007-); chair, Select Committee on Ethics (One Hundred Fourth Congress), National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee (One Hundred Fifth through One Hundred Sixth Congresses), Rules and Administration (One Hundred Sixth Congress, One Hundred Seventh Congress [January 20, 2001-June 6, 2001]).
Campaign Finance$7,641,162 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Mitch McConnell Download all independent expenditures for or against Mitch McConnell
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals