- Office Held:
- US Senate, KY
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, KY
McCONNELL, Addison Mitchell (Mitch), a Senator from Kentucky; born in Tuscumbia, Colbert County, Ala., February 20, 1942; attended Louisville, Ky. public schools; graduated, University of Louisville 1964; graduated, University of Kentucky Law School, Lexington 1967; admitted to the Kentucky bar in 1967; legislative assistant to Senator Marlow Cook 1968-1970; Deputy Assistant United States Attorney for Legislative Affairs 1974-1975; Acting Assistant Attorney General 1975; elected judge-executive of Jefferson County, Ky., 1978-1985; elected as a Republican to the United States Senate in 1984; reelected in 1990, 1996, 2002, and again in 2008 for the term ending January 3, 2015; Republican party whip (2003-2007); minority leader (2007-); chair, Select Committee on Ethics (One Hundred Fourth Congress), National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee (One Hundred Fifth through One Hundred Sixth Congresses), Rules and Administration (One Hundred Sixth Congress, One Hundred Seventh Congress [January 20, 2001-June 6, 2001]).
Campaign Finance$6,457,057 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
covers through Q3 2012
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event June 17, 2013
- Dinner w/ Republican Leader Mitch McConnell at
March 12, 2013
- Re-Elect Breakfast at R.B. Murphy and Associates
Feb. 6, 2013
- Bluegrass Committee Reception at National Republican Senatorial Committee
Jan. 28, 2013
- McConnell Senate Committee Dinner at TBD
Jan. 27, 2013
- Reception at The Home of John Catsimatidis
- Hosted by:
- John Catsimatidis, Ed Cox