- Latest Office Held:
- US House, ID
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, ID
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Michael Simpson
Michael Keith "Mike" Simpson, D.M.D. (born September 8, 1950), is the U.S. House of Representative for Idaho's 2nd congressional district, serving since 1999. He is a member of the Republican Party. He previously served in the Idaho House of Representatives.
Campaign Finance$7,205,497 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $7,615,000 Training Area Railhead 2008 $7,500,000 Special Olympics 2009 World Winter Games to support the educational, competitive athletic and public awareness objectives of the winter games. 2009 $5,000,000 Rural Idaho, ID 2009 $4,845,000 Idaho Transit Coalition Buses and Bus Facilities 2008 $4,064,000 Rural Idaho 2009 $4,000,000 Power and Cyber Systems Protection, Analysis, and Testing Program at Idaho National Laboratory, ID 2010 $3,875,000 Rural Idaho, ID 2008 $3,871,000 City of Rocks Back Country Byway 2010 $3,750,000 Trail Creek Highway/Forest Highway 66 Reconstruction, Mackay, IDRequested by 2010 $3,200,000 American Semiconductor, Inc: Domestic Manufacturing of 45nm Electronics