- Office Held:
- US House, ME
- Office Sought:
- US House, ME
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Michael Michaud
Michael Herman (Mike) Michaud (born January 18, 1955) is the U.S. Representative for Maine's 2nd congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district comprises nearly 80% the state by area and includes the cities of Lewiston, Auburn, Bangor, and Presque Isle. It is the largest Congressional district by area east of the Mississippi River.
Campaign Finance$1,044,222 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,044,222 #346 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,244,848 #275 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $58,406 #290 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Service Employees International UnionSupport $119,055 Super PAC for AmericaOppose $86,982 Revere AmericaOppose $815
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Aug. 9, 2014
- Garden Party at Home of Penny Gruen & Tom McClain
- Hosted by:
- Matthew McTighe, James Alexander, Paul Beach, Bruce Chandler, Ann Marie & Pat Briggs, Diane Denk, Pat Eltman, Rand Gesing, Penny Gruen, Tom McClain, Joe Hanslip, David James, David Jourdan, William Leffler, Ann & Ed Legg, Carolyn Kershaw, Genevieve Schubert, Patricia Smith, Adam Spey, Meredith Gilfeather, Jackie Welsh, Michael Weston
July 21, 2014
- Luncheon at Cumberland Club
- Hosted by:
- Matthew McTighe, Pat Eltman, Joe Hanslip, Carole Aaron, Michael Asen, Shenna Bellows, Jim Dearman, Stephanie Cotsirilos, Phil Coupe, Daniel Crewe, June Delano, Dee Dee Edmondson, Domna Giatas, Ned McCann, Karen Harris, Robert Gips, Robert Howe, Neil & Heather Jamieson, Elinor Klivans, Kathie Leondard, Peter Leslie, Patrick McGowan, Jacob Mitchell, Jim Mitchell, Andy Nixon, Donald Sussman, Bonnie Porta, Bobby Monks, Jackie Potter, Rick Redmond, Rosa Scarcelli, Thom Rhoads, Sharon Sudbay, Brit Svoboda
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $6,000,000 General Dynamics-Saco Defense: MK47 Mod 0 Advanced Lightweight Grenade Launcher 2010 $5,000,000 Offshore Wind Initiative (ME) 2010 $4,841,000 Wood Utilization, AK, ID, LA, ME, MI, MN, MS, NC, OR, TN, WVRequested by
- Roger Wicker (R-MS),
- Richard Burr (R-NC),
- David Wu (D-OR),
- Ron Wyden (D-OR),
- David Price (D-NC),
- Mike Michaud (D-ME),
- Peter DeFazio (D-OR),
- Brad Miller (D-NC),
- Kurt Schrader (D-OR),
- Mike Crapo (R-ID),
- G. K. Butterfield (D-NC),
- Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME),
- Thad Cochran (R-MS),
- Carl Levin (D-MI),
- Gregg Harper (R-MS),
- Robert C. Byrd (D-WV),
- Mary L. Landrieu (D-LA),
- James E. Risch (R-ID),
- Susan Collins (R-ME),
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN),
- Deborah Ann Stabenow (D-MI),
- James L. Oberstar (D-MN),
- and Michael Rogers (R-MI)
2010 $3,200,000 General Dynamics/Saco Defense (Collins) General Dynamics Armaments and Technical Products (Leahy, Snowe): Lightweight Caliber .50 Machine Gun 2010 $2,900,000 Infrastructure Improvement at Height of Land, ME 2010 $2,000,000 Hybrid Composite-Concrete Bridges, ME 2010 $1,600,000 Maine Institute for Human Genetics and Health: Maine Institute for Human Genetics and Health 2010 $1,600,000 The Jackson Laboratory: Translational Research for Muscular Dystrophy 2010 $1,600,000 Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory: Regenerative Medicine ResearchRequested by 2010 $1,600,000 University of Maine: LGX High Temperature Acoustic Wave Sensors