- Latest Office Held:
- US House, ME
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, ME
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Michael Michaud
Michael Herman (Mike) Michaud (born January 18, 1955) is the U.S. Representative for Maine's 2nd congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district comprises nearly 80% the state by area and includes the cities of Lewiston, Auburn, Bangor, and Presque Isle. It is the largest Congressional district by area east of the Mississippi River.
Campaign Finance$5,645,765 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Aug. 11, 2014
- Reception at Port City Music Hall
- Hosted by:
- Joe Hanslip, Michael Asen, Shenna Bellows, Stephanie Cotsirilos, Daniel Crewe, Karen Harris, Robert Gips, Neil & Heather Jamieson, Jim Mitchell, Donald Sussman, Bonnie Porta, Bobby Monks, Jackie Potter, Rick Redmond, Rosa Scarcelli, Thom Rhoads, Sharon Sudbay, Brett & Gayle Baber, Jane Begert, Karen Stray-Gundersen, Christopher Cary, Jean-Marie Caterina, Janis Cohen, Joanne D'Archangelo, Beverly Debevoise, Gary Symonds, John Demos, Diane Dusini, Equality Maine PAC, David Farmer, Nancy French, Donna Gann, Lisa & Leon Gorman, Ken Handler, Mildred Kennedy-Stirling, Susan Koen, Barbara Beckelman, Joseph & Carol Long, Bill MacDonald, Jay Mason, Donald McCormack, Marian McCue, Chip Newell & Susan Morris, Ed Pollack, Bill Black, Eddie Pullen, Paul Sennett, Colleen Quint, Andrew & Nina Roth-Wells, Lars Rydell, Elizabeth Scheffee, Susan Schraft, Rick Berne, Mary Anne Turowski, Allan Watson, Sandi & David Whiston, Fred Williams
Aug. 9, 2014
- Garden Party at Home of Penny Gruen & Tom McClain
- Hosted by:
- Matthew McTighe, James Alexander, Paul Beach, Bruce Chandler, Ann Marie & Pat Briggs, Diane Denk, Pat Eltman, Rand Gesing, Penny Gruen, Tom McClain, Joe Hanslip, David James, David Jourdan, William Leffler, Ann & Ed Legg, Carolyn Kershaw, Genevieve Schubert, Patricia Smith, Adam Spey, Meredith Gilfeather, Jackie Welsh, Michael Weston
July 21, 2014
- Luncheon at Cumberland Club
- Hosted by:
- Matthew McTighe, Pat Eltman, Joe Hanslip, Carole Aaron, Michael Asen, Shenna Bellows, Jim Dearman, Stephanie Cotsirilos, Phil Coupe, Daniel Crewe, June Delano, Dee Dee Edmondson, Domna Giatas, Ned McCann, Karen Harris, Robert Gips, Robert Howe, Neil & Heather Jamieson, Elinor Klivans, Kathie Leondard, Peter Leslie, Patrick McGowan, Jacob Mitchell, Jim Mitchell, Andy Nixon, Donald Sussman, Bonnie Porta, Bobby Monks, Jackie Potter, Rick Redmond, Rosa Scarcelli, Thom Rhoads, Sharon Sudbay, Brit Svoboda
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars