- Office Held:
- US House, MN
- Office Sought:
- US House, MN
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Michele Bachmann
Michele Marie Bachmann (née Amble; born April 6, 1956) is the U.S. Representative for Minnesota's 6th congressional district, which includes the northernmost and eastern suburbs of the Twin Cities and St. Cloud, serving since 2007. She is a member of the Republican Party. She previously served in the Minnesota State Senate. She is the third woman, and first Republican woman, to represent the state in Congress.
Campaign Finance$25,796,736 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $25,796,736 #1 of 722 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $25,580,916 #1 of 722 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $2,174,282 #7 of 722 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Working Assets Long DistanceOppose $35,806 American Conservative UnionSupport $23,779 American Conservative UnionSupport $23,779 Tea Party Victory FundSupport $18,000 Faith Family Freedom FundSupport $7,500 The Teaparty.Net Leadership FundSupport $5,000 Right to LifeSupport $3,676 National Right To Life Victory FundSupport $1,291 Susan B Anthony ListSupport $51
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals