- Latest Office Held:
- US House, MN
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MN
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Michele Bachmann
Michele Marie Bachmann (née Amble; born April 6, 1956) is the U.S. Representative for Minnesota's 6th congressional district, which includes the northernmost and eastern suburbs of the Twin Cities and St. Cloud, serving since 2007. She is a member of the Republican Party. She previously served in the Minnesota State Senate. She is the third woman, and first Republican woman, to represent the state in Congress.
Campaign Finance$14,251,568 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Sba List Candidate Fund $23,825
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $1,265,000 Stillwater, MN 2008 $803,600 Replacement Small Buses, St. Cloud Metro Bus 2008 $490,000 Highway 241 Improvement 2008 $487,000 HealthEast Care System, St. Paul, MN for health information systems 2008 $341,000 Northland Medical Center, Princeton, MN for purchase of equipmentRequested by 2008 $307,000 Children's Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN for facilities and equipment 2008 $94,000 Sheriffs Youth Programs of MNRequested by