- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, IL
Melissa Luburich Bean (born on January 22, 1962) is a former U.S. Representative for the Illinois's 8th congressional district who served from 2005 until 2011. She is a member of the Democratic Party.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$9,874,537 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $7,227,500 METRA, Union Pacific Northwest Line, Northeastern IL 2008 $7,227,500 METRA, STAR Line, Northeastern IL 2009 $2,157,000 Great Lakes Fishery and Ecosystem Restoration, MIRequested by
- George V. Voinovich (R-OH),
- Phil English (R-PA),
- John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI),
- Vernon J. Ehlers (R-MI),
- Brian M. Higgins (D-NY),
- Norm Coleman (R-MN),
- Gwen Moore (D-WI),
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones (D-OH),
- Carl Levin (D-MI),
- Tim Walberg (R-MI),
- John D. Dingell (D-MI),
- Dale E. Kildee (D-MI),
- Melissa Bean (D-IL),
- Sander Levin (D-MI),
- and Deborah Ann Stabenow (D-MI)
2008 $2,000,000 American Metalcasting Consortium: Industrial Preparedness -- Castings for Improved Defense Readiness 2010 $1,600,000 Goodrich ISR Systems Barrington: Wide Area Sensor Force Protection Targeting 2009 $1,600,000 Wide Area Sensor for Force Protection Targeting 2008 $1,600,000 Recon Optical Inc.: Infantry Support Weapons -- Integration of the Javelin Antitank Missile onto the US Army Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station 2010 $1,200,000 Northrop Grumman: Large Aircraft Podded Infrared Countermeasures Systems for Air Force Reserve KC-135 2009 $1,200,000 Ultra-Wide Coverage Visible Near Infrared Sensor for Force Protection 2008 $1,000,000 Recon Optical Inc.: Infantry Support Weapons -- Integration of MK47, 40mm Air Burst Fuze Capability onto USA Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station