- Latest Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Maxine Waters (born Maxine Moore Carr; August 15, 1938) is the U.S. Representative for California's 35th congressional district, and previously the 29th district, serving since 1993. She is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$3,637,012 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $2,871,000 Harbor/South Bay Water Recycling Project, CA 2010 $1,760,000 Loyola Marymount University: Frank R. Seaver Science and Engineering Initiative 2010 $1,600,000 Flyer Defense LLC: Light Mobility Vehicle-Internally Transportable Vehicle 2009 $1,600,000 Generation II Special Operation Forces Internally Transported Vehicle (SOF-ITV) 2008 $1,078,000 Municipal Transit Operators Coalition (MTOC) 2008 $1,000,000 Frank R. Seaver Science and Engineering Complex 2008 $1,000,000 Marvin Industries: War Consumables -- LAU-7 Sidewinder Replacement Program 2008 $980,000 Westchester Streetscape Improvement Project 2009 $800,000 Rapid Prototyping and Nanotechnology Initiative 2009 $712,500 Los Angeles Southwest College Western Transit Center, Los Angeles, CA