- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MA
Martin Thomas "Marty" Meehan (born December 30, 1956) is an American attorney and politician from the state of Massachusetts. He is the current Chancellor of the University of Massachusetts Lowell, a position he assumed on July 1, 2007. A Democrat, Meehan served in the United States House of Representatives from 1993 to 2007 as the representative for Massachusetts's 5th congressional district.
Campaign Finance$7,487,826 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $9,000,000 SC-21 Total Ship Engineering -- Permanent Magnet Motor 2008 $6,000,000 Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS)Requested by
- Judd Gregg (R-NH),
- John Kerry (D-MA),
- Marty Meehan (D-MA),
- Robert Menendez (D-NJ),
- John Sullivan (R-OK),
- Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD),
- Chris Dodd (D-CT),
- Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD),
- James M. Inhofe (R-OK),
- Joe Lieberman (I-CT),
- Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D-NJ),
- John E. Sununu (R-NH),
- and Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ)
2008 $3,200,000 Malden Mills Industries: Force Readiness Operations Support -- Fleece Insulating Liners for Extended Cold Weather Clothing System, Generation III (ECWCS GEN III) 2008 $3,200,000 MIKEL Inc.: SSN-888 and Trident Modification -- Advanced Intercept & Ranging System 2008 $3,000,000 Medical Advanced Technology -- Advanced Lower Limb Prosthesis for Battlefield Amputees 2008 $2,400,000 Peckham Vocational Industries Malden Mills: Operational Forces -- Cold Weather Layering System 2008 $2,400,000 DRS Electronic Warfare and Network Systems, Atlantic Microwave, DRS Electronic Warfare and Network Systems, and DRS Electronic Warfare and Network Systems: Combat Training Ranges -- Unmanned Threat Emitter Modernization 2008 $2,400,000 Vanderbilt University, Stanford University School of Medicine, and Duke University: Medical Free Electron Laser -- Medical Free Electron LaserRequested by 2008 $2,400,000 Thermo Fisher Scientific, South Carolina Research Authority, Army Tank Automotive Research , Development and Engineering Center, Sea Box, Inc., and Ajax Tocco: Combat Vehicle and Automotive Technology -- Tactical Metal Fabrication System (TacFab) 2008 $2,240,000 Aviation Advanced Technology -- Alternate Payload Bomb live Unit Munition