- Office Held:
- US House, IL
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, IL
Mark Steven Kirk (born September 15, 1959) is an American politician currently serving as the junior United States Senator from Illinois. On November 2, 2010, Kirk won a special election to finish the final months of former Senator Barack Obama's term, in addition to winning a regular six year term beginning January 3, 2011. Kirk was sworn in on November 29, 2010. Prior to serving in the Senate, Kirk was a member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Illinois's 10th congressional district from 2001 to 2010.
Campaign Finance$14,242,913 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $14,242,913 #1 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $14,146,756 #1 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $305,799 #166 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Democratic Senatorial Campaign CmteOppose $5,932,520 Working for Us PACOppose $692,128 New Prosperity Foundation; TheSupport $427,018 New Prosperity FoundationSupport $427,018 Illinois Chamber of CommerceSupport $107,500 American College of SurgeonsSupport $90,030 Moveon.orgOppose $62,232 Trust In Small BusinessSupport $23,236 The Advocacy FundOppose $11,325 ShapiroSupport $10,234
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event June 15, 2015
- Roundtable Luncheon at TBD
- Hosted by:
- Daniel Loeb, Paul Singer, Charles Schwab, Todd Ricketts
April 15, 2015
- Fundraiser at TBD
April 12, 2015
- Fundraiser at Saranello's
March 25, 2015
- Wine Reception at DCanter Wine Boutique
March 18, 2015
- Reception at National Republican Senatorial Committee