Mark A. Takano
- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
TAKANO, Mark, a Representative from California; born in Riverside, Riverside County, Calif., December 10, 1960; graduated from La Sierra High School, Riverside, Calif.; A.B., Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass., 1983; M.F.A., University of California-Riverside, Riverside, Calif.; teacher; member of the Riverside Community College district board of trustees, 1990-2012; president of the Riverside Community college district board of trustees, 1992, 1997, 1998, 2005, 2006; unsuccessful candidate for election to the United States House of Representatives in 1992 and 1998; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress (January 3, 2013-present).
Campaign Finance$1,461,485 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Mark A. Takano Download all independent expenditures for or against Mark A. Takano
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,461,485 #225 of 722 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,437,163 #205 of 722 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $24,635 #389 of 722 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Nurses UnitedSupport $36,952 National Nurses United For Patient ProtectionSupport $36,952 Californians for Sacred Sites ProtectionSupport $16,186 Protecting Our Vote PACSupport $965 Planned ParenthoodSupport $732
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals