- Latest Office Held:
- US House, FL
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, FL
Mario Rafael Diaz-Balart (born September 25, 1961) is the current U.S. Representative for Florida's 21st congressional district, serving since 2011. A member of the Republican Party, he was elected in 2010 to succeed his brother, Lincoln Diaz-Balart. Mario Diaz-Balart previously served in the Florida's 25th congressional district from 2003-2011.
Campaign Finance$5,697,035 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $20,000,000 Metrorail Orange Line Extension Project, FL 2009 $10,043,000 Miami River, FL 2009 $6,000,000 Lehman Injury Research Center (Ryder Trauma Center) (Note: Includes funding for Jackson Health System) 2010 $4,000,000 Miami-Dade County Metrorail Orange Line Expansion, FL 2010 $2,494,000 Climate Forecasting, FL 2009 $2,494,000 Climate Forecasting, FL 2010 $2,400,000 University of Miami: Center for Ophthalmic Innovation 2009 $2,400,000 Center for Ophthalmic Innovation (Note: Department of Defense Military Health System Enhancement) 2008 $2,000,000 University of Miami: University Research Initiatives -- CSTARS (Center for Southeastern Tropical Advanced Remote Sensing) 2010 $1,750,000 Tamiami Trail (U.S. 41) Safety Improvements, Miami, FL