- Office Held:
- US House, OH
- Office Sought:
- US House, OH
Marcia Carolyn "Marcy" Kaptur (born June 17, 1946) is the U.S. Representative for Ohio's 9th congressional district, serving since 1983. She is a member of the Democratic Party. The district includes all of Ottawa and Erie counties, and part of Lucas and Lorain counties.
Campaign Finance$652,228 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $652,228 #470 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,041,035 #335 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $566,814 #85 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Susan B Anthony ListOppose $25,502
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Nov. 14, 2013
- Breakfast at National Democratic Club
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $4,000,000 Center for Assured Critical Application and Infrastructure Security: Center for Solar Electricity and Hydrogen 2010 $3,654,000 University of Toledo Greenhouse and Hydroponic Research Complex, Toledo, OH 2010 $3,407,000 Great Lakes Remedial Action Plans & Sediment Remediation, MI, IL, IN, MN, NY, OH, PA & WI 2010 $3,200,000 Electronic Concepts & Engineering, Inc: Enhanced Detection Adjunct Processor 2010 $3,200,000 ARES, Inc.: Advanced Rarefaction Weapon Engineered System 2010 $3,200,000 323rd Military Police Company, Ohio Army National Guard: Multi-Campus Base Facility Energy Independence 2010 $3,200,000 Imaging Systems Technology Inc.: Lightweight Metal Alloy Foam for Armor 2010 $3,200,000 Sky Sentry LLC: Geospatial Airship Research Platform 2010 $3,000,000 Bill Emerson National Hunger Fellowship Program and the Mickey Leland International Hunger Fellowship Program 2010 $2,800,000 Advanced Concepts and Technology, Inc: Fully Burdened Cost of Fuel and Alternative Energy Methodology and Conceptual Model