- Latest Office Held:
- US House, OH
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, OH
Marcia Carolyn "Marcy" Kaptur (born June 17, 1946) is the U.S. Representative for Ohio's 9th congressional district, serving since 1983. She is a member of the Democratic Party. The district includes all of Ottawa and Erie counties, and part of Lucas and Lorain counties.
Campaign Finance$5,313,403 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event July 25, 2014
- Breakfast at National Democratic Club
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $4,960,000 Toledo Harbor, OH 2010 $4,000,000 Center for Assured Critical Application and Infrastructure Security: Center for Solar Electricity and Hydrogen 2008 $4,000,000 American Systems Corp: Radar Support -- Enhanced Detection Adjunct Processor 2008 $4,000,000 Impact Engineering: Combat Vehicle and Automotive Technology -- HAMMER 2010 $3,654,000 University of Toledo Greenhouse and Hydroponic Research Complex, Toledo, OH 2009 $3,600,000 Center for Solar Electricity and Hydrogen 2010 $3,407,000 Great Lakes Remedial Action Plans & Sediment Remediation, MI, IL, IN, MN, NY, OH, PA & WI 2010 $3,200,000 ARES, Inc.: Advanced Rarefaction Weapon Engineered System 2010 $3,200,000 323rd Military Police Company, Ohio Army National Guard: Multi-Campus Base Facility Energy Independence 2010 $3,200,000 Imaging Systems Technology Inc.: Lightweight Metal Alloy Foam for Armor