- Latest Office Held:
- US House, TX
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, TX
William McClellan "Mac" Thornberry (born July 15, 1958) is the U.S. Representative for Texas's 13th congressional district, serving since 1995. He is a member of the Republican Party. Larger than 13 states and covering over 40,000 square miles and all or part of 44 counties, the 13th District of Texas encompasses the Texas Panhandle and stretches between the Oklahoma and New Mexico borders, winds across the Panhandle into the South Plains north of Lubbock, then runs east across the Red River Valley through Wichita Falls. It's one of the largest districts in the State, and one of the largest in the Nation.
Campaign Finance$5,921,415 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $7,000,000 Base Operations Ramp, Phase IRequested by 2008 $3,732,000 Ogallala Aquifer, Bushland, TX 2008 $1,161,000 Air Quality, KS, TX 2008 $536,000 Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, EI Paso and Lubbock, TX for facilities and equipment for the West Texas Center for Influenza Research, Education and Treatment