Luis V. Gutierrez
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, IL
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, IL
GUTIERREZ, Luis V., a Representative from Illinois; born in Chicago, Cook County, Ill., December 10, 1953; B.A., Northeastern Illinois University, DeKalb, Ill., 1974; teacher; social worker, Illinois state department of children and family services; administrative assistant, Chicago, Ill., mayor’s office subcommittee on infrastructure, 1984-1985; co-founder, West Town-26th Ward Independent Political Organization, 1985; alderman, Chicago, Ill., city council, 1986-1993, president pro tem, 1989-1992; Democratic National Committee, 1984; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Third and to the ten succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1993-present).
Campaign Finance$3,863,659 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
covers through Q3 2012
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block