- Latest Office Held:
- US House, PR
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, PR
FORTUÑO, Luis G., a Resident Commissioner from Puerto Rico; born in San Juan, P.R., October 31, 1960; B.S.F.S., Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., 1982; J.D., University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va., 1985; lawyer, private practice; executive director, Puerto Rico Tourism Company, 1993-1996; secretary, Puerto Rico Economic Development and Commerce, 1994-1996; elected as a New Progressive to the One Hundred Ninth Congress to a four-year term (January 3, 2005-January 3, 2009); not a candidate for reelection in 2008, but was a successful candidate for governor of Puerto Rico; Governor of Puerto Rico, 2009-2013.
Campaign Finance$2,014,527 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
covers through Q3 2012
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block