- Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Lois Grimsrud Capps (born January 10, 1938) is the U.S. Representative for California's 23rd congressional district, serving since 2003. She is a member of the Democratic Party. The district was numbered as the 22nd District prior to the 2000 round of redistricting. It consists of a long, thin strip of the Southern California coast in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. It includes the cities of San Luis Obispo, Morro Bay, Pismo Beach, Santa Maria, Goleta, Santa Barbara, Carpinteria, Ventura, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Isla Vista.
Campaign Finance$955,415 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $955,415 #379 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $991,079 #356 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $321,010 #142 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event May 7, 2014
- Reception at Harold Black Speakeasy
March 25, 2014
- Breakfast Reception at Wasserman Room
March 16, 2014
- 2014 Campaign Kickoff Celebration at Capps Campaign HQ
March 12, 2014
- Second Annual Spring Time Sushi Spectacular at Erickson & Co. Townhouse
Feb. 26, 2014
- Dinner at The Monocle Restaurant
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars