- Office Held:
- US House, NC
- Office Sought:
- US House, NC
Lawrence Webb "Larry" Kissell (born January 31, 1951) is the U.S. Representative for North Carolina's 8th congressional district, serving since 2009. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$1,103,241 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,103,241 #328 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,105,922 #314 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $9,834 #458 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending America VotesSupport $13,718 Congressional Black Caucus PACSupport $5,715
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $14,700,000 City of Charlotte, Charlotte Area Transit System's [CATS] Blue Line Extension-Northeast Corridor Project, NC 2010 $6,038,000 Tactical UAS Support Facility 2010 $3,600,000 Department of Defense (Petri) Fort Bragg (Kissell): Lightweight Tactical Utility Vehicles 2010 $2,800,000 Partnership for Defense Innovation: Partnership for Defense Innovation Wi-Fi Laboratory Testing and Assessment Center 2010 $1,700,000 Water Environment Research Foundation: Water Research Foundation 2010 $1,500,000 United Protective Technologies: UH-60 Transmission/Gearbox Galvanic Corrosion Reduction 2010 $1,400,000 I-85 Widening Project, NC 2010 $1,200,000 Longworth Industries (Marine Corps): Flame Resistant High Performance Apparel 2010 $1,000,000 Human Nutrition Research, Kannapolis, NC 2010 $965,000 Textile/Clothing Textile Corporation, Raleigh, NC: Textile Research Programs