- Latest Office Held:
- US House, TX
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, TX
Lamar Seeligson Smith (born November 19, 1947) is the U.S. Representative for Texas's 21st congressional district, serving since 1987. The district includes most of the wealthier sections of San Antonio and Austin, as well as nearly all of the Texas Hill Country. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$9,402,766 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $10,000,000 San Antonio Channel Improvement, TX 2008 $9,840,000 San Antonio Channel Improvement 2008 $3,444,000 University of Texas, complete construction of the Petawatt Laser 2009 $3,422,000 Canyon Lake, TXRequested by 2010 $3,028,000 San Antonio Channel Improvement, TX 2009 $2,612,500 Capital Metro Paratransit Vehicle Replacement, TX 2008 $2,425,500 VIA Bus Improvements/Facility Modernization 2008 $2,400,000 Starfire Systems, Southwest Research Institute, and Starfire Systems: Defense Research Sciences -- Functionally Integrated Reactive Surface Technologies (FIRST) Program 2008 $2,400,000 Applied Physical Electronics: Small Business Innovative Research -- Electro-Magnetic Flak Impulse System 2010 $2,000,000 National Trauma Institute: Techniques to Manage Noncompressible Hemorrhage Following Combat Injury