Keith J. Rothfus
- Office Sought:
- US House, PA
Keith Rothfus is an American attorney who ran as a Republican for the United States House of Representatives in Pennsylvania’s 4th Congressional District for the 2010 election. He won the nomination by defeating Mary Beth Buchanan in the primary. He lost to incumbent Democrat Jason Altmire, 120,026 to 116,001. The race received national attention, beginning even in the primary, especially after Nancy Pelosi campaigned for the incumbent.
Campaign Finance$1,956,836 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,956,836 #135 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,015,330 #117 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $16,028 #415 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Democratic Congressional Campaign CmteOppose $1,907,580 Americans for Tax ReformSupport $990,000 House Majority PACOppose $525,169 American Fedn of St/Cnty/Munic EmployeesOppose $360,000 Service Employees International UnionOppose $255,675 Freedomworks For AmericaSupport $171,663 Club For Growth ActionSupport $155,982 Club for GrowthSupport $155,982 Afl-CioOppose $85,928 Workers' VoiceOppose $71,043
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals