Kay Bailey Hutchison
- Latest Office Sought:
- US Senate, TX
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Kay Bailey Hutchison
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$23,663,543 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $50,000,000 RDTE -- Peer Reviewed Medical Research ProgramRequested by
- Jon Tester (D-MT),
- Patty Murray (D-WA),
- Richard Burr (R-NC),
- Max Baucus (D-MT),
- Dick Durbin (D-IL),
- Barbara Boxer (D-CA),
- Hillary Clinton (D-NY),
- Tom Harkin (D-IA),
- Bob Casey (D-PA),
- Tom Carper (D-DE),
- John Ensign (R-NV),
- Ben Cardin (D-MD),
- Maria Cantwell (D-WA),
- Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX),
- Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME),
- Harry Reid (D-NV),
- Sherrod Brown (D-OH),
- Bernie Sanders (I-VT),
- Jim Bunning (R-KY),
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN),
- Jack Reed (D-RI),
- Patrick Leahy (D-VT),
- Warner (R-VA),
- Obama (D-IL),
- and Committee Initiative
2009 $29,586,000 Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, TX 2008 $23,105,000 Gulf Intracoastal Waterway 2009 $21,000,000 Multipurpose C-130 Maintenance Hangar 2008 $19,600,000 North Corridor BRT, Houston and Southeast Corridor BRT 2008 $17,221,000 Houston Ship Channel 2009 $15,000,000 Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority Advanced Transit Program/METRO Solutions Phase 2, TX 2008 $15,000,000 Armed Forces Reserve Center Battle Projection Center (Phase II) 2009 $13,788,000 Houston Ship Channel, TX 2010 $13,450,000 European NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training Operations Complex, Ph 1