- Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Office Sought:
- US House, NY
HOCHUL, Kathleen C., a Representative from New York; born in Buffalo, Erie County, N.Y, August 27, 1958; graduated from Hamburg High School, Hamburg, N.Y., 1976; B.A., Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y. , 1980; J.D., Catholic University, Washington, D.C., 1983; lawyer, private practice; aide to United States Representative John LaFalce of New York, 1984-1986; aide to United States Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan of New York, 1986-1988; deputy clerk, Erie County, N.Y., 2003-2007; clerk, Erie County, N.Y., 2007-2011; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Twelfth Congress, by special election to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of United States Representative Christopher Lee (May 24, 2011-January 3, 2013); unsuccessful candidate for reelection to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress in 2012.
Campaign Finance$4,581,016 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Kathleen Hochul Download all independent expenditures for or against Kathleen Hochul
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $4,581,016 #9 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $4,858,496 #11 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $0 #648 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Congressional Leadership FundOppose $890,368 National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $789,536 American CrossroadsOppose $313,449 US Chamber of CommerceOppose $310,000 American Action NetworkOppose $308,594 Service Employees International UnionSupport $75,000 American Fedn of St/Cnty/Munic EmployeesSupport $72,250 Stronger TogetherSupport $44,000 Communications Workers Of America Working VoicesSupport $42,000 Communications Workers of AmericaSupport $42,000
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals