- Office Held:
- US House, MI
- Office Sought:
- US House, MI
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Justin Amash
AMASH, Justin, a Representative from Michigan; born in Grand Rapids, Kent County, Mich., April 18, 1980; graduated from Grand Rapids Christian High School, Grand Rapids, Mich.; A.B., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich., 2002; J.D., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich., 2005; lawyer, private practice; member of the Michigan state house of representatives, 2008-2010; elected as a Republican to the One Hundred Twelfth and to the succeeding Congress (January 3, 2011-present).
Campaign Finance$1,255,035 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Justin Amash Download all independent expenditures for or against Justin Amash
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,255,035 #246 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,293,711 #248 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $77,844 #289 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Freedomworks For AmericaSupport $86,332 Republican Party of MichiganSupport $540
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals