- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
BROWNLEY, Julia, a Representative from California; born in Aiken, Aiken County, S.C., August 28, 1952; B.A., Mount Vernon College, Washington, D.C., 1975; M.B.A., American University, Washington, D.C., 1979; business manager; unsuccessful candidate for election to the Santa Monica-Malibu, Calif., school district board, 1992; member of the Santa Monica-Malibu school district board, 1994-2006; member of the California state house of representatives, 2006-2012; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress (January 3, 2013-present).
Campaign Finance$2,117,123 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Julia Brownley Download all independent expenditures for or against Julia Brownley
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,117,123 #112 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,106,886 #105 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $49,985 #328 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending House Majority PACSupport $602,768 American Future FundOppose $500,842 National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $467,196 US Chamber of CommerceOppose $400,000 League of Conservation VotersSupport $189,240 American Action NetworkOppose $142,151 EMILY's ListSupport $100,317 Women Vote!Support $100,317 Jobs Opportunity And Freedom Political Action Committee - JofpacOppose $98,132 California League Of Conservation VotersSupport $89,240
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals