- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Juanita Millender-McDonald (September 7, 1938 – April 22, 2007) was an American politician who served as a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1996 until her death in 2007, representing California's 37th congressional district, which includes most of South Central Los Angeles and the city of Long Beach, California. She was a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$1,387,899 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $3,545,000 Port of Long Beach (Deepening) 2008 $590,000 Los Angeles River Ecosystem Restoration (Cornfields)Requested by
- Juanita Millender-McDonald (D-CA),
- Xavier Becerra (D-CA),
- Hilda L. Solis (D-CA),
- Howard L. Berman (D-CA),
- Diane E. Watson (D-CA),
- Dianne Feinstein (D-CA),
- Brad Sherman (D-CA),
- Barbara Boxer (D-CA),
- Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA),
- Maxine Waters (D-CA),
- Grace Napolitano (D-CA),
- Henry A. Waxman (D-CA),
- and Adam Schiff (D-CA)
2008 $267,900 City of Long Beach, CA, for an anti-gang intervention and prevention program