John W. Olver
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, MA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MA
Campaign Finance$5,614,217 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $14,300,000 Digital Ground Station 2009 $10,000,000 RRF Training Ship Upgrades 2008 $9,000,000 SC-21 Total Ship Engineering -- Permanent Magnet Motor 2010 $8,100,000 F-15 Aircraft Ready Shelters 2009 $7,600,000 DDG 51 Permanent Magnet Hybrid Electric Propulsion System 2008 $7,300,000 Fire Crash/Rescue StationRequested by 2008 $5,880,000 MBTA Fitchburg to Boston Rail Corridor Project Development and ConstructionRequested by 2009 $4,275,000 Flight 93 National Memorial, Public Lands Transportation Needs, PA 2010 $4,000,000 Flight 93 National Memorial, Transportation Improvements, Somerset 2010 $4,000,000 Drs (Olver, Kirk, Tsongas) Dresser-Rand (Schumer, Massa): Advanced Steam Turbine