- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, TN
- Lobbying Activity
- See also: Lobbyist profile for John Tanner
John S. Tanner (born September 22, 1944) is the former U.S. Representative for Tennessee's 8th congressional district, serving from 1989 until 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$5,850,509 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $14,400,000 Chapel Complex 2009 $10,000,000 School Age Services Center 2010 $5,000,000 Tennessee National Guard: Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle Virtual Trainers for the Tennessee National Guard 2008 $4,361,000 Tennessee DOT Bus and Bus Facilities Replacement 2010 $4,000,000 Tennessee National Guard: Tennessee National Guard Appalachia High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area 2009 $4,000,000 Appalachia High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area—Tennessee National Guard 2009 $3,000,000 Ml Abrams Mobile Conduct of Fire Trainers Upgrades for the TN ARNG 2008 $2,200,000 Military Engineering Advanced Technology -- Development and Research of Zero Energy Homes at Ft. Campbell 2009 $1,400,000 Instrumentation for Urban Assault Course—TN ARNG 2010 $900,000 Physical Fitness Complex