John T. Doolittle
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
- Lobbying Activity
- See also: Lobbyist profile for John T. Doolittle
John Taylor Doolittle (born October 30, 1950), American politician, was a Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from 1991 to 2009, representing California's 4th congressional district. In the 109th Congress, he held a leadership role as the Deputy Whip for the Republican party in the House. He was succeeded in the House of Representatives by Tom McClintock.
Campaign Finance$5,995,367 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $5,000,000 Lake Tahoe Community Fire Protection Project 2008 $3,200,000 Alliant Techsystems: Other Aircraft -- RC-26B Modernization ProgramRequested by
- John T. Doolittle (R-CA),
- and C.W Bill Young (R-FL)
2008 $3,200,000 California National Guard: undistributed -- Homeland Defense Operational Planning System (HOPS) 2008 $2,500,000 Rotordynamics-Seal Resesarch: Warfighter Sustainment Advanced Technology -- Validation of Prognostic and Health Management Systems 2009 $2,400,000 Strike Weapon Propulsion (SWEAP) 2008 $2,400,000 General Atomics: Explosives Demilitarization Technology -- Sierra Army Depot Cryofracture/Plasma Arc Transportable System 2009 $2,000,000 Validation of Lift Fan Engine Systems 2009 $1,600,000 Transportable Cryofracture/Plasma Arc 2008 $1,598,000 Placer County, CA 2009 $1,427,250 Placer County Biomass Utilization Pilot Project (CA)