John M. Shimkus
- Office Held:
- US House, IL
- Office Sought:
- US House, IL
John Mondy Shimkus (born February 21, 1958) is the U.S. Representative for Illinois's 19th congressional district (numbered as the 20th from 1997 to 2003), serving since 1997. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$1,871,128 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,871,128 #153 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,852,867 #153 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $1,135,183 #26 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Aug. 5, 2014
- Napa Getaway at Solage Calistoga
June 13, 2014
- Reynolds Plantation Weekend at Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $6,276,000 Upper Mississippi River--Illinois WW System, IL, IA, MN, MO & WIRequested by
- Leonard L. Boswell (D-IA),
- Christopher Bond (R-MO),
- Todd Akin (R-MO),
- David Loebsack (D-IA),
- Chuck Grassley (R-IA),
- Dick Durbin (D-IL),
- Tom Harkin (D-IA),
- Keith Ellison (D-MN),
- John M. Shimkus (R-IL),
- Phil Hare (D-IL),
- Aaron Schock (R-IL),
- Russ Carnahan (D-MO),
- Deborah Halvorson (D-IL),
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN),
- and James L. Oberstar (D-MN)
2010 $3,000,000 Relocate Base Entrance 2010 $630,000 i-SAFE, Inc., Carlsbad, CA: i-SAFE e-Safety Education and Outreach Initiative 2010 $628,000 Prairie Dupont Levee and Sanitary District and Fish Lake Drainage and Levee District, IL 2010 $500,000 Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL for a nursing education program, including equipment 2010 $500,000 Sharpsburg and Neighboring Area Water System, Taylorville, IL: Sharpsburg and Neighboring Area Water System for infrastructure 2010 $500,000 Hardin County General Hospital Energy Efficiency Upgrades 2010 $400,000 Edwards County Bone Gap Road, IL 2010 $400,000 Harrisburg Missouri Street Hospital Access Project, IL 2010 $360,000 National Corn to Ethanol Research Pilot Plant, Washington, DC