John M. Shimkus
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, IL
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, IL
John Mondy Shimkus (born February 21, 1958) is the U.S. Representative for Illinois's 19th congressional district (numbered as the 20th from 1997 to 2003), serving since 1997. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$10,295,597 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Aug. 5, 2014
- Napa Getaway at Solage Calistoga
June 13, 2014
- Reynolds Plantation Weekend at Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars