- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, NY
John Joseph Hall (born July 23, 1948) is an American musician, activist, and was the U.S Representative for New York's 19th congressional district, serving from 2007 to 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$4,698,855 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $4,000,000 Ultra-High Resolution Display for Army Medicine (UHRDARM) 2008 $3,600,000 eMagin Corporation: Medical Advanced Technology -- Ultra-High Resolution Display for Army Medicine 2008 $2,727,000 Combined Support Maintenance FacilityRequested by 2010 $2,400,000 Not Listed: Power Efficient Microdisplay Development for US Army Night Vision 2008 $2,400,000 eMagin Corporation: Night Vision Technology -- Power Efficient Microdisplay Development for US Army Night Vision 2009 $2,365,000 Mid-Atlantic River CommissionsRequested by
- Arlen Specter (D-PA),
- Wayne T. Gilchrest (R-MD),
- Jim Gerlach (R-PA),
- Rush Holt (D-NJ),
- Jim Moran (D-VA),
- Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD),
- Maurice Hinchey (D-NY),
- Robert A. Brady (D-PA),
- John Hall (D-NY),
- Bob Casey (D-PA),
- Tom Carper (D-DE),
- Ben Cardin (D-MD),
- Charlie Dent (R-PA),
- Joseph R. Biden, Jr. (D-DE),
- Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD),
- Charles E. Schumer (D-NY),
- Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ),
- Tim Holden (D-PA),
- Allyson Schwartz (D-PA),
- and Castle (DE)
2010 $2,250,000 The Solar Energy Consortium 2008 $1,968,000 New York National Guard: Undistributed Adjustments -- Establishment of a Second Civil Support Team (CST) in New York State 2008 $1,960,000 Reconstruct Route 6Requested by 2009 $1,903,000 Tsec Photovoltaic Innovation (NY)