John F. Tierney
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, MA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MA
John F. Tierney (born September 18, 1951) is the United States representative for Massachusetts's 6th congressional district. He is a member of the Democratic Party and an advocate for liberal policies and government oversight. A former attorney, he has served since 1997.
Campaign Finance$7,813,354 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $4,000,000 ALON and Spinel Optical Ceramics 2008 $4,000,000 Joint Robotics Program/Autonomous Systems -- Warrior Unmanned Ground Vehicle 2008 $2,800,000 Surmet Corporation: Defense Production Act Purchases -- ALON and Spinal Optical Ceramics 2010 $2,663,000 Joint Force Headquarters 2010 $2,400,000 Surmet Precision Optics Corporation: Aluminum Oxy-Nitride and Spinal Optical Ceramics 2008 $2,400,000 Thermo Fisher Scientific, South Carolina Research Authority, Army Tank Automotive Research , Development and Engineering Center, Sea Box, Inc., and Ajax Tocco: Combat Vehicle and Automotive Technology -- Tactical Metal Fabrication System (TacFab) 2008 $2,240,000 Aviation Advanced Technology -- Alternate Payload Bomb live Unit Munition 2009 $2,000,000 Tactical Metal Fabrication System (TacFab) 2009 $2,000,000 Payload and Advanced Development for Next Generation Robot Platform 2008 $2,000,000 Azna LLC, Applied Radar Inc., and Azna LLC: Command Control and Communications -- Compact Laser Terminal for Airborne Network Centric Warfare