John F. Tierney
- Office Held:
- US House, MA
- Office Sought:
- US House, MA
John F. Tierney (born September 18, 1951) is the United States representative for Massachusetts's 6th congressional district. He is a member of the Democratic Party and an advocate for liberal policies and government oversight. A former attorney, he has served since 1997.
Campaign Finance$2,119,696 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,119,696 #115 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,299,261 #87 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $22,170 #396 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $1,551,108 Yg Action FundOppose $818,200 Strong Economy For Massachusetts IncOppose $176,190 Yg Network Inc.Oppose $70,368 Emergency Committee For IsraelOppose $58,440 Humane Society of the USSupport $14,501
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals