- Latest Office Held:
- US House, TX
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, TX
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for John Culberson
John Abney Culberson (born August 24, 1956) is the U.S. Representative for Texas's 7th congressional district, serving since 2001. He is a member of the Republican Party. The district takes in large portions of western Houston and surrounding Harris County.
Campaign Finance$6,026,779 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $19,600,000 North Corridor BRT, Houston and Southeast Corridor BRT 2009 $15,000,000 Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority Advanced Transit Program/METRO Solutions Phase 2, TX 2009 $13,788,000 Houston Ship Channel, TX 2010 $8,300,000 JASON Project, Ashburn, VA: Science education through exploration 2008 $4,982,000 Texas Border Sheriff's Coalition 2010 $4,850,000 Texas Border Sheriffs Coalition, El Paso, TX: Operation Linebacker 2009 $4,500,000 Texas Border Sheriffs Coalition: Texas Border Sheriffs Coalition 2010 $4,000,000 Rice University: Alliance for Nanohealth 2009 $4,000,000 Gaiveston Causeway Bridge, Gaiveston, TX 2008 $4,000,000 The Alliance for NanoHealth: Medical Advanced Technology -- Alliance for NanoHealth