- Office Sought:
- US House, FL
Joe Garcia (born Jose Antonio Garcia on October 12, 1963) is a Miami-based lawyer and 2010 Democratic nominee for Florida's 25th congressional district. He is the former executive director of the Cuban American National Foundation and was nominated by President Barack Obama to be director of the Office of Minority Economic Impact and Diversity of the Department of Energy
Campaign Finance$1,392,568 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,392,568 #246 of 728 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,162,568 #295 of 728 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $240,747 #170 of 728 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Florida Freedom PACSupport $187,199 Service Employees International UnionSupport $107,561 Service Employees International Union Pea-FederalSupport $15,515 Afl-CioOppose $1,613 Workers' VoiceSupport $1,613 Workers' VoiceOppose $1,613 Afl-CioSupport $1,613 Protecting Our Vote PACSupport $1,488
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event May 16, 2013
- Taste of Miami Reception at Erickson & Co. Townhouse
- Hosted by:
- John Michael Gonzalez, Hector Alcalde, Jon Alexander, Maria Cardona, Ron Klein, Amy Anderszak, Chuck Rocha
March 12, 2013
- Luncheon at DCCC
Feb. 28, 2013
- Breakfast Reception at Erickson & Co. Townhouse
Nov. 28, 2012
- Welcome to Washington Meet and Greet at Erickson & Co. Townhouse