- Latest Office Held:
- US House, CT
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CT
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Joseph Courtney
Joseph (Joe) Courtney (born April 6, 1953) is the U.S. Representative for Connecticut's 2nd congressional district, serving since 2007. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$7,451,010 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $11,900,000 Waterfront Operations Small Craft Facility 2008 $9,280,000 Submarine Learning CenterRequested by 2010 $9,000,000 CNAF Beddown-Upgrade Facilities 2009 $7,200,000 TFI Upgrade Engine Shop 2010 $6,570,000 MK-48 Torpedo Magazine 2008 $5,000,000 Advanced Submarine System Development -- Undersea Launched Missile Study 2010 $4,800,000 Adaptive Methods (Reed) General Dynamics Electric Boat (Dodd, Lieberman): Common Command and Control System Module 2010 $4,400,000 Electric Boat: Future Dry Deck Shelter 2008 $4,330,000 North Cove Harbor 2010 $4,000,000 United Technologies, United Technologies Corporation--Pratt Whitney (Dodd, Lieberman), Honeywell Aerospace (Pastor), and Pratt and Whitney (DeLauro, Larson): Advanced Affordable Turbine Engine Program