Jo Ann Emerson
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MO
Jo Ann Emerson (born September 16, 1950) is the U.S. Representative for Missouri's 8th congressional district, serving since 1996. The district consists of Southeast and South Central Missouri and includes the Bootheel, the Lead Belt and the Ozarks. Emerson is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$9,302,299 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $11,138,000 Wappapello Lake 2009 $9,567,000 Wappapello Lake, MO 2009 $7,856,000 St. Francis Basin, AR & MO 2008 $7,000,000 Child Development Center (Ages 6-10) 2008 $6,888,000 St. Francis River and Tributaries, AR & MO 2010 $4,800,000 Missouri University of Science and Technology: Locating and Tracking Explosive Threats with Wireless Sensors and NetworksRequested by 2009 $3,800,000 Mississippi River Levees, AR, IL, KY, LA, MS, MO & TN: New Madrid Levee Closure & MO Ped ActivitiesRequested by 2008 $3,219,000 Bois Brule Drainage and Levee District 2010 $3,000,000 Bill Emerson National Hunger Fellowship Program and the Mickey Leland International Hunger Fellowship Program 2009 $2,800,000 Common Remote Stabilized Sensor System (CRS3)