Jo Ann Davis
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, VA
Jo Ann Davis (June 29, 1950 – October 6, 2007) was a Representative in the U.S. Congress. A member of the Republican Party from the United States Commonwealth of Virginia, she represented the state's 1st congressional district from 2001 until her death in 2007. She was the second woman—after Leslie L. Byrne—and first Republican woman elected to Congress from Virginia.
Campaign Finance$1,557,574 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $34,300,000 Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project 2008 $10,000,000 Electromagnetic Launch RDT&E Facility 2009 $2,800,000 Automated Readiness Measurement System (ARMS) 2009 $2,000,000 Airborne Mine Countermeasures Open Architecture Technology InsertionRequested by 2008 $2,000,000 Power Projection Advanced Technology -- High Power Free Electron Laser Development for Naval Applications 2008 $1,673,000 Chesapeake Bay Gateways 2008 $1,600,000 Global Delta, LLC.: Common Picture Advanced Technology -- Maritime Identification Surveillance Technology (MIST) 2008 $1,600,000 Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility: Materials -- Free Electron Laser Capabilities for Aerospace MicrofabricationRequested by 2008 $1,504,000 Migratory Shark Research at Mote Marine Laboratory 2009 $800,000 High Speed Anti-radiation Demonstration (HSAD)