- Office Held:
- US House, UT
- Office Sought:
- US House, UT
James David "Jim" Matheson (born March 21, 1960) is the U.S. Representative for Utah's 2nd congressional district, serving since 2001. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district includes eastern Salt Lake City.
Campaign Finance$2,353,899 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,353,899 #101 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,384,427 #95 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $16,842 #503 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Concerned Women for American Legislative Action CommitteeOppose $202,675 Freedomworks For AmericaOppose $110,302 American Academy of Orthopaedic SurgeonsSupport $75,000 American Assn of Orthopaedic SurgeonsSupport $75,000 American College of Emergency PhysiciansSupport $48,135 American Assn of Neurological SurgeonsSupport $24,465 American Action NetworkOppose $16,930
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals